What’s Open Banking?
Open Banking gives you greater control of your Bankwest data. It was introduced after the Australian Government passed legislation, called the Consumer Data Right. It means you can now share some of your Bankwest data with accredited organisations so they can provide you with a product or service (like a budgeting tool).
Who can share data and what accounts are available?
To be eligible for data sharing, you:
- Have to be at least 18 years old
- Need to have access to the Bankwest App or online banking
- Must have an eligible account
- Can be a sole trader
- Types of data you can share
Types of data you can share
If you're eligible, you can now share some of your personal details, account info and transaction history for these Bankwest products: https://www.bankwest.com.au/help/open-banking
- Credit cards
- Deposit and transaction accounts
- Offset accounts
- Home loans and personal loans
- Trust accounts
- Lines of credit
- Business accounts and asset finance (sole traders only).