Each bank has a different onboarding process to enable data-sharing in-app
Before you can consent to share your data with Frollo, an accredited data recipient, you will need to take a few steps in your banking app.
1. Steps in the CBA App
Before you can share data from a joint account, you need to enable it and your other account holder must approve. To do so:
- Go to Settings, Manage data sharing then Outgoing data and select Joint account sharing preferences. Choose the joint account you want to share and enable sharing.
- We’ll send your other account holder a message asking them to approve or decline your request.
- If they approve, your joint account will be enabled and you can select it from the list of accounts eligible for data sharing (see step 3 above).
Please note for Joint accounts it must have two owners, the customer must be a co-owner and both parties must approve the data sharing.
2. Set your Primary Device for OTP:
1. Open up the CommBank app and tap the menu in the left corner
2. Select Settings & security
3. Choose Accounts & security then select registered devices
4. Set your mobile phone number as the 'Primary Device' to receive OTP
3. Steps in the Frollo App - Data Recipient (Mobile web)
Now that the joint account(s) are allowing data sharing, you can start the process of setting up a data-sharing arrangement.
Open the Frollo app and follow the steps to consent to CBA with CDR.
Once you are redirected back to CBA, complete the authentication process.
When you arrive at the ‘Select accounts’ screen, you’ll now see that your joint accounts appear under ‘Eligible accounts’. You can select them and click ‘Continue’ to be taken to the ‘Review and confirm’ page.
On the ‘Review and confirm’ page you can see all the details and what types of data will be shared for the data-sharing arrangement. Click the ‘Confirm data sharing’ button at the bottom of the page if you wish to complete the setup.
Once you have confirmed data sharing, CBA will then securely transfer you back to the Accredited Data Recipient. Your CBA accounts should now be available to the Accredited Data Recipient.