You can now link accounts with Frollo using CDR (Consumer Data Right). The Australian government has introduced CDR as a secure way to control which businesses have access to your data. Through CDR, you can easily and safely share your financial information with Accredited Data Recipients like Frollo!
Which providers are CDR ready?
The CDR regime is currently in Phase 2 which includes Tier 1 financial institutions (the Big 4 Banks) We are working with the ACCC to onboard all providers when they are CDR approved.
- Phase 2 rollout includes all account types for the Big 4 Banks, and other Tier 1 providers to be implemented by June 2021.
- Phase 3 is scheduled for July to September 2021 and is aimed at Tier 2 financial institutions.
These banks are currently available for you to consent using open banking: (click the link to review in-App steps require prior to linking in Frollo)
- Commonwealth Bank
Which accounts can you link?
CDR Phase 1 has been rolled out in the banking sector, starting with the big 4 banks and a limited number of products. CDR Phase 2 is currently being tested and rolled out, to the bid 4 banks to the second round of products. As part of the managed rollout, you will initially be able to link the following products:
- Phase 1: bank accounts, credit cards, and savings accounts
- Phase 2: loan accounts, mortgage accounts, and joint accounts
Make sure you have completed the steps inside your banking app to enable Data sharing, check in your app for details.
To link your accounts using CDR follow these steps:
Step 1: Data Sharing
- Select the 'Accounts' tab
- Then tap the '+' in the top right-hand corner of your screen
- Select the Big 4 Bank you want to link using CDR
- Press 'Continue' once you've read the Open Banking info page
Step 2: Consenting
- Confirm your consent period: Select either 3 months, 6 months or 12 months then press 'Next'
- Confirm what data you would like to share: Account balance and details, Transactions details then press 'Next'
- Confirm Key Dates: read through the text and press 'I Consent' at the bottom of the page
Remember you are managing your consent and can withdraw at any time.
Step 3: Connect & Confirm
- Press 'Connect': Frollo will redirect to your bank for you to securely confirm the final details inside your banking platform.
If you have previously linked your account with Yodlee please follow the below steps to remove that consent
Step 4: Remove duplicate accounts (video link)
You are now sharing the linked accounts with Yodlee and CDR, so the final step is to remove Yodlee consent.
- Select the 'Settings' menu
- Select 'Data Sharing' >
- Select the Yodlee link for your banking provider (you will see two listed for the one provider)
- Select 'Manage Sharing Preferences' and uncheck the account you want to hide
Step 5: Link any non CDR accounts with Yodlee
- This step is only required if you have not previously linked your accounts with Frollo! Happy budgeting :-)